Monday, October 27, 2008

Jamming Session 26 Oct 2008

Instead of starting at 4:30PM, we started at 5:00PM after everybody arrived.

Instead of my kid having a nap before the practice, I ended up taking that nap on the couch while waiting for my kiddo's turn, but she ended up dozing off right when we arrived Subang. So I had to carry her around... Sigh!


The practice this time round was 'celebrated' by 4 kiddos - 3 boys of JimBob's and 1 gal of mine. To make the boys behaved, Mihad released his secret weapons (the same method he tried on my kid last time, but to no avail) - the maracas and tambourine - and let them played with them.


My kid? Well..., despite all the begging of "Nak gi jamming! Nak gi jamming!", she ended up sleeping during the whole session. She only woke up the moment the silence filled the air in the studio... Just like old times. Good thing too, otherwise she would be disturbing me and my concentration, or she would even start a quarrel with the boys! Hhmm... (I can hear Mihad's comment, "Just like her Mommie!", whatever that means.)


But her begging, "Nak gi jamming! Nak gi jamming!" continued after our jamming session. Huh! I wonder if she really understands the meaning of 'jamming'. :-S (... just like Mommie, hahaha!)

We had a few rounds of songs planned to be played for the MCOBA dinner, including my fav - "Runaway". One after another vocalist in the team rejected the offer to sing the song due to the chorus 'jump of 10 notes' (not just an octave, you know!), which all doubt could make it. Sadat turned out to be the only guy who could get that part right, so he has no other choice now but to sing at least the chorus part. "Bro! No more 'run-away', eh?!"

That's all I could remember at this moment regarding that jamming session. Will continue updating everybody on our next session..., eh, it's tomorrow! Hhmm...

Deaf me with some more good dance tune, bebe!
- Shazz @ DCmates
28 Oct 2008

No comments: