Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jamming Session 23 Oct 2008

Last night, I almost could not attend the jamming session. Had a whole day wondering how to escape the Gala Dinner at my university. Eventually got the guts to escape before the event started, and I was the first to arrive the Rhythmix studio (3 hours early!)... While waiting for the rest, I had a light dinner and prepare my file for this Saturday's show (under FSPU, performing Malay retro genre).

We received bad news yesterday, from our "Queen of the Night". Kyra had to pull herself out from the MCOBA dinner this coming 8th November 2008, due to her injury that requires her to rest for another month - no walking, no standing, no dancing... (I guess there's always a lesson in keeping pets at home, eh? Even a cat can turn into a "lion", causing damage to others! Hhmm...)

We started our practice at approximately 8:30PM, with Kenit seeing his hope to play "Objection" and "Wherever Whenever" crumbled in front of his eyes, and Sadat cursing "Shit... shit..." all the way. It's a grief to lose a chance to be noticed with a blastful performance with the presence of a female vocalist, but hey... that's the ups and downs of a music band, right? I just kept myself quiet at a corner and let the 'boys' grief while churning their mind to the max in thinking of plan B. [My mind then was on FSPU band more than DCmates, bear with me for a while eh.]

Our practice went on well, minus all the female and duet songs... so, bye-bye "You're the One that I Want". Tifli arrived a bit late, so I covered as much as I could for his part, with the 'not-so-friendly' keyboard of Rhythmix (at least to me it's not that friendly).

Upon Tifli's arrival, we managed to get a new list of songs sorted out, with a no-female-vocalist in mind. We decided to perform "Sway" (by Michael Buble), "Those Magic Changes" (by John Travolta) and "Jailhouse Rock" (by Elvis Presley). [At last, I get to play Michael Buble... surely I'll get goosebumps during the show, haha!]

We also decided to take back into the list some songs, including "You Drive My Crazy" (by Shakin' Steven) to replace "You're the One that I Want". Honestly, I think Arida sings very well with that song... kinda suits him. Good job, Bro!

The band members decided to add some few songs during the meeting after the session, which I was absent (I had to leave early to pick up my tot). I think they added a few of my best performed songs, like "Runaway" and "La Bamba"... Not too sure. I can't release the full list here, yet. Thanks, Bros for considering my songs..., appreciate it! :'-D [Come to think of it, is it a way to avoid me from having last-minute thoughts, too? Hhmm...]

Attendees for last night's session (according to arrival time): Shazz, WieBurn, Kenit, Sadat, Mihad, Arida, Tifli. I guess we all got a hang of the songs by now, and we will do well for the show even though the time left is not that 'friendly'.

PS: "Mihad kata si Aza join. Mana dia batang idung tak nampak-nampak pun lagi?! Tipu lah!"

Back into 'music constantly ringing in the ears'... I'm ready for the world, bebe!!
- Shazz @ DCmates
24 Oct 2008

1 comment:

Ricky said...

Thanks for the compliments Shaz. Nice blogging. Keep it up.
ARiDa
Just realised that we haven't really had a chance to chat except for a few hi's but we're playin in a band. So bz..