Friday, November 7, 2008

Jamming session 06 Nov 2008

I was a bit calmed down after the long (emotional) week. I arrived early, as usual, and waited for others. All of them arrived after 7:30PM, so imagine how bored I was waiting from 6PM.

As I was having my drink at the Mamak next door to the studio, I sorted out my file with the list of songs to be played. There was a lot of duplicates in the file, so I made quite a mess on the table. I just ignored the 'jelingan mamak' who noticed the lump of mess I made...


I thought we're taking out Runaway, but the boys insisted of sticking to the list. So Mihad and Tifli practiced hard on the song, making harmony out of the vocals. I guess the more they listened to the song, the better they understand how to 'pitch up' the high note in the chorus part. Good job, guys!

Overall, we ran through the whole list of songs twice, alongwith the narration and introduction from Tifli (as our band 'MC'). I tried to 'wiggle' some chords during the intervals of songs, as a background sound for the MC.

All went well. Hope to rock the dance floor, tomorrow night. Good luck to the DCmates!

Not sure if I could eat tomorrow, the tinge of nervousness is an inch away...,
- Shazz @ DCmates
07 Nov 2008

No comments: