Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Big Night

Friday, 7th November 2008... 24 hours before the 'big night'. I arrived to check out the venue, waiting for Sadat to arrive - he called me right after I bought my dream hat at Sungai Wang Plaza! Right timing, bro!

Saturday, 8th November 2008... Let the photos do the talking (and I wil blog some more later if I'm free).


Timecheck 01:30PM, Istana Hotel lobby, empty but not quiet. Mihad said we can have lunch together (all the band members, I mean) around this time, but never mind, I already had mine. Hhmm... waiting...waiting...

Timecheck 01:40PM, the great Ballroom. The 'meeting' on coordination of agenda and setting up for the whole show was still going on. It's almost 2PM! Hhmm... it will be a loooooooong wait.



Saturday night jam at Jalan Bukit Bintang. I was on the way to Istana Hotel. Kenit called me around 8:45PM, checking on my situation - I was at my house main door about to leave, after an hour 'mending' on my make-up (I hate make-ups!). He said, the dinner had not yet started, so take your time... Yeah, right!



The moment I arrived, parked my car, about to rush to the lobby, I saw a group of 'weirdly-dressed boyz' walking towards me. Huh? "Why do you guys look so awful?! Hahaha!!" Thus, I joined them for a drink at the nearby Mamak restaurant. Sadat playing his mobile game, "This is the only thing I can do (while waiting)." Yeah, that's why I brought along a story book to read, just in case. From right: Shazz (2nd keyboardist), Sadat (bass guitarist), Tifli (lead keyboardist).


Mihad, in action, debating (or should I say, gossiping) on what had happened, what's happening, and what possibly will happen... Anything la dude, as long as you're happy. From left: Wieburn (drummer), Kenit (guitarist), Mihad (percussionist/vocalist), Aki (vocalist). Missing from picture: Arida (vocalist).


To be continued...

Saving the full story to the end,
- Shazz @ DCmates
10 Nov 2008

No comments: